Business Development Manager
Sentera’s mission is to deliver time sensitive agricultural insights that optimize decisions and improve outcomes. We’re positioned at the headwaters of the food and agriculture value stream and deliver in-season data, analytics, and insights for advisors, growers, and enterprise customers at scale. Our integrated software and sensor products make it easy to integrate in-field data insights with the digital ag platforms in use by more than 80% of the growers in North America.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Sentera has organically grown with team members across the U.S. Our people are solution-driven, knowledgeable, passionate, and dedicated. We’re looking for future craftspeople, ambassadors, technologists, thought leaders and innovators to continue this beautiful journey with us.
About the position
The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying and managing sales opportunities with strategic prospects. This individual must possess a high degree of business acumen and be able to identify stated and unstated needs, translate those into Sentera solutions, craft value propositions, and create and deliver business cases to customer leadership teams. The Business Development Manager will be accountable for booking deals and generating profitable revenue.
- Responsible for overseeing Business Development (new business revenue generation) for a key segment.
- Responsible for helping to inform the company’s strategy particularly regarding customer needs and competitive threats.
- Serve as voice of customer for product and services team.
- Establish and maintain client relationships while prospecting for new opportunities
- Responsible for cultivating relationships with customer decision makers.
- Educate prospects & customers on the added value of an innovative, digital, software solution designed to help make better decisions.
- Coordinate activities of the deal team through the sales process. The deal team consists of a Solutions Consultant (subject matter expert), an Implementation Manager (responsible for onboarding and training new customers) and an Account Manager (who the account will transition to after the first season with Sentera).
- 2-5+ years in strategic, SaaS enterprise sales or B2B technology consulting role
- Proven track record of sales performance
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word & Excel
- Proficient user of CRM software required, preferably Zoho
- Experience creating value propositions
- Agriculture sales experience preferred
What We Offer
Full benefit package and paid time off:
- Medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, Dependent Care coverage at a competitive monthly rate.
- 401(K) with a generous 4% company match.
- 120 hours PTO at hire
- Ten paid holidays
- Option to work Remote is available
- Travel as needed – not to exceed 60%
- General office environment – computer and telephone work
- Some work outdoors in an agricultural setting – non manual
- Travel to regional markets to prospect future customers will be on as needed basis. '
- FLSA and Job Status: Exempt, Full-Time (40+ hour work week)
- Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States. This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
- Sentera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sentera does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply, please visit www.sentera.com/careers