Business Development Representative
Sentera’s mission is to deliver time sensitive agricultural insights that optimize decisions and improve outcomes. We’re positioned at the headwaters of the food and agriculture value stream and deliver in-season data, analytics, and insights for advisors, growers, and enterprise customers at scale. Our integrated software and sensor products make it easy to integrate in-field data insights with the digital ag platforms in use by more than 80% of the growers in North America.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Sentera has organically grown with team members across the U.S. We’ve built a high performance, customer focused culture and are looking to add a new Business Development Representative to our team.
About the position
The Business Development Representative is tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities through both inbound and outbound activities. This is an exciting opportunity to grow our brand and our presence worldwide. We need someone who is motivated by opportunity.
- Develop sales opportunities by identifying potential accounts through inbound lead follow-up and outbound calls, emails, social media, and chat.
- Generate sales leads for self and regional sales team members while proactively updating lead status in pipeline management tool (i.e. Zoho).
- Respond to incoming customer requisitions and resolve customer issues.
- Perform outbound sales calls and product demonstrations to customers.
- Own pipeline opportunities, forecasts, and other performance reports.
- Identify complementary add-on solutions and cross-sell by leveraging knowledge and understanding of product solutions.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3+ years’ experience in Sales Support or Business Development role, preferably SaaS
- Experience in agriculture preferred but not required
- Motivated, excellent at follow-up, and a team-player who can produce within defined timelines
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Technical aptitude and product knowledge of UAVs preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of professional, effective telephone techniques and customer care
- Proficient selling skills to identify opportunities, position solutions, and close deals
- Strong decision-making skills and bias for action
- Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management
- Ability to work within in a team or independently, with a can-do attitude, and willing to work until the job gets done
What We Offer
Full benefit package and paid time off:
- Medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, Dependent Care coverage at a competitive monthly rate.
- 401(K) with a generous 4% company match.
- 120 hours PTO at hire
- Ten paid holidays
- Travel as needed – not to exceed 20%
- FLSA and Job Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly, Full-Time (Benefit Eligible)
- Must be local Minnesota resident. Non-residents, must be open to relocation
- Employee will be expected to perform demonstrations of Sentera’s products including coordinating meetings, flying UAVs, and demonstrating software attributes and uses for multiple applications
- Sentera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sentera does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply, please visit www.sentera.com/careers