Embedded Software Engineer
Sentera is seeking a full-time candidate with knowledge, experience, and interest in the field of embedded software engineering. This candidate will join a team of talented and passionate engineers, working in a fast-paced environment to fulfill the technology needs of our customers.
Regarding COVID-19: Most employees, including the embedded software team have been working effectively from home since April 2020 and will continue to work from home until circumstances change. At some point in the future you may be required to work in our physical office, however, you will work from home until that time.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to design, build, test, and deliver world-class remote sensing products for the precision agriculture market.
- Active involvement in all phases of the embedded software development cycle from inception to delivery to long-term support and maintenance.
- Develop embedded software to acquire sensor measurements, perform data processing, and ultimately deliver actionable data to our customers.
- Seamlessly interface with third-party software APIs and communication protocols to extend the capability of our products.
- Define and execute design verification test plans on embedded systems.
- Accept a lead role in embedded software development tasks to meet technical and schedule requirements.
- Provide technical input to assist with product definition and design requirements.
- Other related duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5+ years of industry experience developing embedded software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering discipline.
- Design experience with embedded microprocessors (ARM) and embedded operating systems (Linux) is preferred.
- Design experience with common peripheral interfaces: UART, SPI, I2C, USB, WiFi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet.
- Experience using hardware test tools: oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, digital multimeters.
- Experience reading hardware schematics and performing design reviews.
- Proficient in C/C++, with working knowledge of Java, Python, and shell scripting programming languages.
- Git version control.
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP networking stack and the programming of client/server software models.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet project schedules.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and detail-oriented.
- Experience with multispectral camera design and image data processing.
- Working knowledge of drone communication protocols, Robot Operating System (ROS) frameworks, and software build systems.
- FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate, or the ability to become certified.
Travel: As needed to drone test sites, not to exceed 20%
Worksite location: Main Office in Richfield, MN. Remote work from home is negotiable.
FLSA and Job Status: Exempt, Full-Time (40+ hour work week)
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
What We Offer
Full benefit package:
- Medical coverage, partially employer paid, at a competitive monthly rate; numerous options to fit your needs
- Dental, vision, HSA, FSA, Dependent Care options available
- 401(K) with a generous 4% company match
- 120 hours PTO at hire
- All U.S. federal holidays are paid time off holidays